Tessian Cloud Email Security intelligently prevents advanced email threats and protects against data loss, to strengthen email security and build smarter security cultures in modern enterprises.
We are thrilled to announce that Forrester Research has recognized Tessian as one of the vendors in the Now Tech: Enterprise Email Security Providers, Q3, 2020 report. Inclusion in this report is based on Forrester’s independent analysis of vendors’ capabilities and market presence and was created to help security leaders identify which solutions will provide the most value for their particular organization.
Before we dive into why Tessian was recognized, let’s look at Forrester’s definition of Enterprise Email Security.
What Is Enterprise Email Security?
Technologies that protect organizations’ email communications in order to mitigate and lessen the impact of email-borne attacks. These consist of on-premises or cloud-based email gateways and solutions that integrate with cloud-based email infrastructure. Capabilities include anti-spam, anti-malware, anti-phishing, data loss prevention (DLP), encryption, phishing education, business email compromise (BEC) and spoofing protection, malicious URL detection, and email authentication.
In order provide an overview of solutions, Forrester identifies four Enterprise Email Security Functionality Segments, including:
- Secure email gateway (SEG)
- Email infrastructure provider
- Cloud-native API-enabled email security (CAPES)
- Email authentication provider
Tessian is recognized as one of the players among the cloud native API- enabled email security (CAPES) solutions. Importantly, this segment has high functionality in both email cloud integration and phishing protection.
Why does this matter? Not only do phishing and social engineering attacks cause the majority of breaches today, but according to Forrester, rapid adoption of cloud email infrastructure like Microsoft O365 and Google G Suite is forcing enterprises to move away from traditional secure email gateways and on-premises hardware. Organizations now often use the native capabilities of their email infrastructure provider, then augment those protections with CAPES or cloud-based email filtering. Security pros know that despite best efforts, malicious emails will inevitably get through, so they need a layered approach that includes both prevention and response measures.
It’s important to note that detecting and preventing threats isn’t enough. Forrester recommends that security professionals protect against email-bound security threats by empowering employees with phishing education and being prepared for the worst with incident response.
Why was Tessian recognized?
From our standpoint, it is because this is exactly what Tessian does.
Tessian provides a layered approach to email security by seamlessly integrating with Microsoft O365 and Google G Suite email infrastructure providers, extending their native capabilities, and protecting against phishing attacks and other inbound and outbound threats.
Tessian’s Key Features
Tessian automatically safeguards against accidental data loss, data exfiltration, and insider threats, in addition to automatically defending against advanced inbound threats like business email compromise (BEC), spear phishing, and other targeted impersonation attacks.
How? Powered by machine learning, Tessian – the world’s first Human Layer Security platform – turns an organization’s email data into their best defense against human error on email.
Tessian is uniquely positioned to do both, offering organizations:
- In-situ real world phishing training with educational warnings. Tessian’s warnings come with simple, clear messages including precise reasons as to why an email was classified as unsafe. The educational warning not only alerts employees about unsafe emails, but also educates them in the moment. Think of it as training. But, instead of generic phishing simulations, employees learn from real phishing emails that land in their inbox.
- Robust investigation and remediation tools. With email quarantine and post-delivery protection like bulk email removal, single-click denylist, and clawback, it’s easier than ever for security teams to take action and move swiftly from investigation to remediation.
- Automated threat intelligence. Tessian’s Human Layer Security Intelligence offers security leaders crystal clear visibility into their security threats, including their riskiest and most at-risk employees. This way, they can offer targeted training to reinforce policies and best practice before a security incident occurs.
Learn more about Tessian
Tessian can be deployed within minutes and automatically starts preventing threats within 24 hours of deployment. Our solutions are trusted by world-leading businesses like Arm, Man Group, Evercore, and Schroders to protect their people on email.
Book a demo to learn how Tessian can help secure your Microsoft O365, G Suite, MS Exchange email environments.