Over the last several months, Tessian has published a ton of articles related to data compliance, the business value of cybersecurity, and the importance of executive buy-in when it comes to security strategies.
We’ve combined all of that information to create our latest eBook: CEO’s Guide to Data Protection and Compliance.
We know what you’re thinking. A guide for CEOs? Why? Let us explain by telling you why you should download it.
1. We explain why business leaders should care about cybersecurity
While we don’t want to fear monger, it’s important to know that, according to Gartner, CEOs will be held personally liable for data breaches by 2024. But that’s not the only reason why business leaders should care about cybersecurity.
They should care because cybersecurity can actually be a business enabler and competitive differentiator. More on this in point six.
2. We offer resources that will help bridge the gap between security and commercial teams
Cybersecurity is a team sport and in order for strategies to be truly effective, the C-suite has to be on board. But, communicating risk, opportunity, and cybersecurity ROI can be tough….especially when – in most organizations – CISOs don’t have a seat at the table.
We created this eBook to mitigate that disconnect. We considered both the CEOs and the CISOs perspective, avoided the “curse of knowledge”, and provided dozens of resources that will help security and commercial teams communicate better. Like what?
- A checklist for ensuring compliance
- A detailed breakdown of the steps organizations must take post-breach
- A shareable infographic of relevant statistics
- An industry-specific “worksheet” to help you understand the cost of a breach
- A list of the biggest breaches (and fines) under the GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, GLBA, and PCI DSS
- Over 15 additional resources to help answer your questions
3. We share a high-level overview of 25 compliance standards
While the GDPR and HIPAA tend to make headlines, there are actually dozens of regional and industry-specific data privacy regulations that you may be obligated to satisfy.
Not sure where to start? We offer a high-level overview of 25 different compliance standards and explain who must comply and what data is protected.
4. We break down five compliance standards (in layman’s terms)
While the high-level overview mentioned above will help business (and security!) leaders understand the broader compliance landscape, we wanted to double-click on a few. In the eBook we answer the following eight questions about GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, GLBA, and PCI DSS:
- What is it?
- Who enforces it?
- When was it enacted?
- Who is obligated to comply?
- What are the penalties for non-compliance?
- What data is protected?
- What are the data requirements?
- What have been the biggest breaches?
5. We highlight the biggest breaches in recent history and how they could have been avoided
As they say “history is a great teacher”. So, to help CEOs and CISOs understand potential vulnerabilities, the consequences of breaches, and how to prevent them, we outline the three biggest breaches (and fines) for each compliance standard.
Note: While – yes – some of this information is easy to find with a simple Google search, other information has been pulled from case dockets and breach notifications. That means we’ve done the heavy lifting for you.
6. We list the benefits of compliance from a business perspective
This is what CEOs care about. Business value. Revenue drivers. And, while cybersecurity has historically not been viewed as a business enabler, this eBook proves that it is. We list 4 clear benefits of compliance beyond avoiding fines and explain how strong cybersecurity can help you build (and maintain) customer trust, attract investment, and help you streamline business operations.
Ready to learn more? Download the eBook and toolkit now.